Top 10 most interesting Ripple (XRP/RTXP) protocol services
Ripple Labs unveiled its developer portal (see No. 5 below) earlier this month. I believe it’s the start of great things to come. Here’s a list of the Top 10 most interesting Ripple merchants, products or services that I’ve found on the web to date.
1) The Ripple Client App for iOS. Quickly and easily check your ripple account balance with the Ripple Labs Ripple Client iOS app. You can’t currently use the app to make payments (due to Apple’s restrictive policies), but you can see your holdings and display your wallet’s QR code for others.
2) Magento Ripple Plugin. E-commerce platform Magento has developed a ripple plugin that gives vendors a way to accept payments via ripple in ANY currency.
3) NoFiatCoin. A math-based currency that trades on the ripple network, NoFiatCoin is fractionally backed by physical gold and silver (check out our post: ‘Eventually mining is going to be dead’ and Ripple will rule says NoFiatCoin (XNF) founder).
4) The Ripple Price App for iOS. Released by Ripple Labs, the Ripple Price App lets you instantly view the price of 1 XRP against the yuan, dollar, bitcoin, Canadian dollar, euro, yen, pound, Aussie dollar, Swiss franc, litecoin and the Sierra Leonean leone.
5) The Ripple Developer portal. Everything you ever needed to know about using the Ripple-REST API in one handy place. Great documentation means great proliferation.
6) RippleSingapore. Ripple Singapore lets you hold IOUs for actual gold, silver, and platinum ounces directly in your ripple wallet. In a way, it allows you to transmit physical gold and silver over the internet.
7) Computing For Good. You can start earning ripple now by registering at Computing for good to donate your spare computer processing power to scientific research via BOINC. In exchange for your donation, you’ll get ripple sent your ripple wallet everyday. It’s a great way to start funding your ripple wallet and help the rest of humanity in the process!
8) Peercover.com. Leverage your ripple as a way to “become your own insurance company” at Peercover. The site’s explanations could use some clarification, but peercover can extend credit lines to their members and help start-ups launch their companies on the ripple protocol via their Simple Stocks Program.
9) Ripli.ca. A way to buy and sell “secrets” online using the ripple network (which means you can use any currency). Online at Ripli Canada.
10) PrivateInternetAccess.com. Private Internet Access gives users a way to encrypt their internet connections and utilize anonymous IPs to protect their privacy while browsing. The service, which costs $6.95 a month, accepts ripple as a form of payment.
Integration of Blockchain Technology in The Music Industry
As it stands today, the music industry has gained a reputation for being in chaos…
XRP Embarks On Modest Improvement After Recent Drastic Crash
The movement of XRP has improved substantially after the recent March 12 crash The crypto…
The big Ripple XRP lawsuit update
We are not going to pass any judgement on the legal side of this lawsuit.…
Bank of America / Ripple partnership reports “accurate but released too soon”
We already know that Bank of America has been unoficially trialling and working with RippleNet…
Ripple’s XRP to scale up to 65,000 tx/ps sooner than we expected
The matter of XRP transaction speed has been quite contentious. While a lot of people…
Bitmex flash crash doesn’t scare off XRP bulls
On February 13th at 3pm CET the controversial crypto exchange Bitmex flash crashed the price…